Sunday, March 28, 2010

All Cooped Up!



Well, they finally did it! It was a conspiracy, I say! I was at Jack's Barn working all weekend while my Hubby, my Daughter and my Mother-in-law all decided it was time to get chickens and a coop. During dinner on Monday evening, they A-S-K-E-D me if it would be all right to put the coop next to the shed and that we would only get SIX chickens. (The decision was already made.) As they well know, from my previous statements, I AM NOT TAKING CARE OF ANY CHICKENS! I love cute fuzzy little chicks and I love to decorate with them, but I really have no need for them as pets. Every pet that has come and gone, whether mine or NOT, has been loved and taken care of by me. I questioned, WHO is going to take care of them while my Hubby is fishing, my Daughter is too tired or lazy and my Mother-in-law can't trek in the snow? The answers were all the same, "don't worry, we will do it". Their answers somehow perplexed me considering I am the first one up in the am and the last one to bed which always means 'animal caretaker'. Be certain that I won't be the first one out of bed when the chicks arrive! Oh, did I mention they will be living in the den until they are big enough to be in the outside coop? I wonder how Pat the cat and Skippy are going to like that! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment